Refine your search
Taio, Caesaraugustanus († ca. 682)
Although it contains no note of ownership, the old title label with its shelfmark in red, as well as traces of a chain indicate that this volume might belong with the manuscripts of the Cathedral Chapter of Basel. Also, the transcription of the dated second part falls into the tenure of the bibliophile Bishop Johannes von Venningen (1458-1478). This volume contains the sentences of Taio (died 682) and Gregory the Great's sermons on the Gospels; it is decorated with small grotesque figures, little hands and letters with elongated shafts. (flr)
Online Since: 06/14/2018
- Taio, Caesaraugustanus: Sententiarum libri 5 (1ra–78rb)
Incipit: 1 Quod deus incommutabilis et eternus existat. 2 De inmensitate vel omnipotencia dei 40 De synagoga vel Israelitico populo sub lege constituto.
- Gregorius I, Papa (Author) | Pantaleon, Heinrich (Annotator) | Taio, Caesaraugustanus (Author) Found in: Standard description
This Merovingian composite manuscript, which was probably created in (Eastern) France, originally consisted of six independent parts, which were written by different, often not very practiced hands in various phases. Most of the close to thirty individual pieces are texts from grammatical, patristic, computistic and medical works. The longer pieces are interspersed with further excerpts, partly written in Tironian notes. One quaternio from the only partially preserved third part is today held in Paris (BN lat. 10756). Noteworthy is the palimpsest in the fifth part, whose undertexts were probably written in Italy in the 7th century and in the second half of the 5th century respectively. (mit)
Online Since: 03/17/2016
- Taio, Caesaraugustanus: Sententiae II,37 (86r unten)
Incipit: Ipsi regnaverunt, et non ex me
Explicit: culmen regiminis rapiunt potius quam assequuntur.
- Taio, Caesaraugustanus: Sententiae, Epigramma. (88r Mitte)
Incipit: Epigramma operis subsequentis. Quisquis amas sacram lector addiscere legem | hunc nostri studii librum percurre legendo
Explicit: impiger adcurre careas ne proemia tanta | et picei fontis horrendas dispice flammas.
- Taio, Caesaraugustanus: Sententiae, Prologus (88r unten)
Incipit: Te quoque, mi venerabilis domine, deprecor omnesque sacratissimi fontis unda delibutos quibus lectio huius libelli placuerit
Explicit: aeternis solari merear refrigeriis.
- Alcuinus, Flaccus (Author) | Asper (Author) | Bongars, Jacques (Former possessor) | Daniel, Pierre (Former possessor) | Dionysius, Exiguus (Author) | Galenus (Author) | Gargilius Martialis, Quintus (Author) | Gravisset, Jakob von (Former possessor) | Gregorius I, Papa (Author) | Hieronymus, Sophronius Eusebius (Author) | Isidorus, Hispalensis (Author) | Lindt, Johann (Restorer) | Methodius, Olympius (Author) | Oribasius (Author) | Palladius, Rutilius Taurus Aemilianus (Author) | Pithou, Pierre (Former possessor) | Pomerius, Iulianus (Author) | Taio, Caesaraugustanus (Author) Found in: Standard description